Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dramatic Monologue

A speech?
I am truly not in the mood.
But I sure am hungry,
And I need to return to my roots.

My Papi is all alone,
Worn down, beaten up.
And I am here,
Speaking my heart out as if this show is something more than charisma.

My clock is perplexed.
I can’t even understand that so I don’t expect them to.
Nevertheless, my time is now,
And yet my time is passing with every breath I disappoint.

Where is my heart man?
I am Willie Stark.
For now, I don’t even desire to speak,
But yet they nag, as they always will.

Seriously though, I will triumph,
As will good.
The end justifies the means,
Except maybe when referring to death.

But death is a long ways off.
Death is not frightening.
For I have life,
And life I will give to my people.

But must they have a speech?
Do they not enjoy there meal as much as I?
Fiends I tell you,
But my people all the same.

No comments: